Personal Tax Services
You want stress-free tax returns.
Then you need advisors who simplify the tax process for you.
As lives and businesses evolve, the need for tax planning and preparation quickly becomes a reality. With success, the sophistication and responsibilities of your estate increase, yet your time to manage those responsibilities becomes more limited. At Arthur Bell, our clients rely on us to know the ever-changing tax laws and how those laws impact them, their estate, and their business. We advise our clients and work with their other advisors to help them make the best decisions possible for tax planning and compliance.
Service that goes beyond tax compliance
Arthur Bell’s tax professionals work together as a team with you and your staff to simplify the tax planning process. We act as overall coordinator between you and your attorneys, investors, family office, and other professionals to ensure that we receive accurate information to complete your tax returns on time and to fulfill your tax planning needs.
If you have a sophisticated investment portfolio, you can rest assured that we understand the complex tax issues that result from investments in offshore funds, real estate, and multiple entities. We stay informed on foreign compliance to avoid costly penalties, troubleshoot for areas of concern, and identify ways in which you can benefit from tax laws.
We also help you make informed tax related decisions by researching unique and complex tax matters that impact you and your business. Our in-house team of legal tax advisors are available at favorable rates to consult with you on special projects.
You have access to our full range of services, including tax return preparation, planning, advisory, and special projects:
- Business entity and individual tax filings, including multi-state returns
- Trust, foundation, and estate tax filings
- Gift tax returns
- Exempt organization returns
- Tax returns for U.S. citizens abroad, nonresident aliens, and dual-status taxpayers
- IRS representation
- Quarterly estimated tax requirements
- Year-end tax planning, including Alternative Minimum Tax considerations
- Gift, estate, and legacy planning
- Individual retirement tax planning
- Residency planning for U.S. residents and nonresidents moving to or from the U.S.
- Consulting regarding changes in domiciliary states and tax impact of working in multiple states, particularly New York and surrounding jurisdictions
- Research and consulting on complex tax matters
- Planning and consulting for closely-held businesses and their owners
- Business structuring, including mergers, acquisitions, and succession planning
- Operational consulting and strategic business consulting
- International tax planning, with particular emphasis on Controlled Foreign Corporations (CFCs) and Passive Foreign Investment Companies (PFICs)
- Tax consulting and compliance for hedge funds, private equity funds, and other investment vehicles
- Personal and business accounting
- Expertise in the foreign filing requirements and other reportable transactions, including PFICs, Foreign Bank Account Reports (FBAR), Foreign Corporations (Form 5471), Foreign Partnerships (Form 8865), Foreign Disregarded Entities (Form 8858), and Foreign Trusts (Forms 3520 and 3520A)
- Expertise working with the Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program to correct prior year omissions or errors with regard to foreign filing requirements