Alternative Investment Funds

You need tax compliance.

You want Schedules K1 delivered on time.

Meeting investor expectations is extremely important, especially in the alternative investment industry. Arthur Bell understands this pressure on clients, and timely Schedule K-1 (“K1”) preparation should not be an added concern.

Knowledge and experience to customize tax solutions

Arthur Bell has a group of tax professionals dedicated exclusively to alternative investment funds, including hedge fund tax compliance and fund of funds accounting. We prepare federal and state tax returns, maintain allocation schedules, and handle K1 preparation. In fact, we strive to deliver K1s ahead of schedule. We also understand the importance of monitoring withholding documentation for non-US investors and have extensive experience preparing withholding returns.

We also leverage our experience and technological capabilities to create customized tax solutions that minimize the chance of error, provide flexibility, and deliver tax reporting documents in a variety of formats to meet investor expectations. We can package and categorize returns and other documents based on unique criteria specific to each fund and investor, including a custom letter with each K1. We also use a client portal to deliver and receive information in a secure manner. We recognize the importance of information security for the fund, its trading advisors, and its investors.

We will work with you to personalize the tax services you need:

  • U.S. and state tax returns, including composite filings for hedge funds, commodity pools, private equity funds, venture capital funds, and other investment vehicles
  • Maintenance of tax allocation schedules by investor
  • K1 preparation and distribution
  • Preparation and distribution of investor account statements
  • Passive Foreign Investment Company (PFIC) Annual Information Statements and related shareholder allocations
  • Expertise relating to PFICs, Foreign Bank Account Reports (FBAR), Foreign Corporations (Form 5471) and Foreign Partnerships (Form 8865), Foreign Disregarded Entities (Form 8858), and related issues
  • Client representation before the Internal Revenue Service and states

We welcome you to contact us for more information on Arthur Bell and how we can help with your tax needs. You can reach us at (410) 771-0001 or via email at

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedIn